Join us at NCCTM annual meeting Friday October 28, 2016, 12:30-2:30 for our annual AMTE-NC business meeting and/or to join. Dr. Robert Berry will be presenting at our meeting on his research about Black Boys' success in mathematics and the implications for teacher education.
Welcome to the new website for the North Carolina affiliate of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators. The goals of AMTE-NC are to:
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among mathematics teacher educators between and within all educational levels;
- Coordinate activities and work collaboratively with other associations, organizations, and governmental (national, state, and local) units to strengthen the mathematical, pedagogical, and clinical preparation of mathematics teachers at all levels (P-college);
- Facilitate collaboration among mathematics teacher educators who are members of different academic units, such as departments of mathematics and departments of education;
- Promote leadership among mathematics teacher educators in the broader mathematics education community;
- Encourage research related to mathematics teacher education, especially which identifies factors that contribute to improving the preparation and professional development of mathematics teachers at all levels;
- Encourage and organize programs and meetings focusing in issues related to the preparation and professional development of mathematics teachers; and
- Foster the incorporation of appropriate technology into teacher education programs and professional development opportunities in mathematics at all levels (P - college).