Directions to Reedy Creek Nature Park
Directions to Duke Energy Explorium
Directions to Mecklenburg Conservation Office
This workshop series provides teachers with hands-on science activities provided in
- May 4 and 6, 2017 Leopold Education Project - Environmental Education Criteria I
New Event Location- Mecklenburg Conservation Office
The Leopold Education Project (L.E.P) is an innovative, interdisciplinary, critical thinking, conservation and environmental education curriculum based on the classic writings of the renowned conservationist, Aldo Leopold. The mission of the Leopold Education Project is to create an ecologically literate citizenry so that each individual might develop a personal land ethic. LEP includes “hands on” activities, which provide students an opportunity to increase their appreciation for the land and to expand their ecological awareness.
Teachers will be provided with instructional materials and curricula. The workshop will be conducted by UNC Charlotte faculty and staff, Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation staff, and the NC Wildlife Resources Commission staff. Teachers will receive a potential of 3.0 renewal credit and will meet requirements towards NC Environmental Education certification.
- All workshop meetings will be held at Mecklenburg Conservation Office, Charlotte, NC except as noted.
- Dinner will be provided each Thursday evening.
- Each Saturday, teachers are asked to bring a bag lunch.
- The cost for the entire series of three programs is $90.00 or $30.00 per workshop.
- The cost of the workshop(s) covers all materials, program books, and dinner.
In order for you to be officially registered for any or all of the EE workshops, we must have received your payment 7 days prior to workshop start date. Participants who have not paid on time are removed from the registration list. We order materials, supplies, etc. based on the number of persons registered.
Any EE Workshop with fewer than 10 paid participants will be cancelled. Participants will be notified 6 days prior to workshop start date.