The Junior Science and Humanities Symposia (JSHS) Program is jointly sponsored by the United States Departments of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, in cooperation with leading research universities throughout the nation.
The 55th National Junior Science & Humanities Symposium (JSHS) will be hosted by Headquarters, Department of the Navy. Look for program updates at http://www.jshs.org/. Invited organizations to date include: U.S. Army Research Laboratory, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Environmental Protection Agency, Fort Detrick (military and CDC research on infectious diseases), National Institutes of Health, and National Security Agency.
The 55th National JSHS should offer students many opportunities to network with senior researchers in invited military and Federal laboratories. We are also very pleased that the poster sessions and career roundtables will be held in TBD .
The primary aims of JSHS are,
- To promote research and experimentation in the sciences, engineering, and mathematics at the high school level.
- To recognize the significance of research in human affairs and the importance of humane and ethical principles in the application of research results.
- To search out talented youth and their teachers, recognize their accomplishments at symposia, and encourage their continued interest and participation in the sciences, mathematics, and engineering.
- To expand the horizons of research-oriented students by exposing them to opportunities in the academic, industrial, and governmental communities.
- To increase the number of future adults capable of conducting research and development.