The University of North Carolina in Charlotte Center for STEM Education in partnership with Department of Mathematics and Statistics is excited to offer a fun, stimulating, and educational summer robotics camp for rising 5th through 7th grade students.
- Students will put their creative minds and mathematical concepts to test as they develop a better knowledge of robotics, electronics, and computer programming.
- Students will explore the interface between coding and electronics using Ozobots evo, Pro-Bots, Makey Makey, Activity Bot 360, Seaperch ROV, and more.
- Students will learn how to design, test, and modify their robots.
July 30,2018 to August 3, 2018 - all day-camp (8:30 am to 4:00pm)
UNC Charlotte Campus (Specific Location TBD)
Camp Daily Schedule
- 8:30 am to 8:45 am Students Check - In
- 8:45 am to 9:00 am Overview of Day Activities and Expectations
- 9:00 am to 10:15 am Block 1
- 10:15 am to 10:45 am Break - Outside Activity
- 10:45 am to 12:00 pm Block 2
- 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm Lunch (Bring your own Lunch)
- 12:30 pm to 1:45 pm Block 3
- 1:45 pm to 2:15 pm Break
- 2:15 pm to 3:30 pm Block 4
- 3:30pm to 3:45 pm Reflection and Wrap-Up
- 3:45 pm to 4:00 pm Student Departure
Registration and Pricing
- $275/week for All Full Day Camps on Campus camps. $100 nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit which will be put towards the registration fee.
- Camp deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable and will hold your child's space in the camp until 14 days before the start of the camp (July 16, 2018) when the balance is due. If the remaining balance is not paid in full by the invoice deadline, your child's seat in the camp will be cancelled and offered to another camper on the waiting list. In order to be fair to all our valued students and parents, no exceptions can be made to this policy.
- Students must bring their own lunch and registration fee above inludes only light snacks and refreshments.
Register by June 30, 2018 (Limited Spots!!!)
Payment refunds (except for the non-refundable and non-transferable deposit) will be made up to 14 days before the start of a camp for cancellations. After that time, no refunds can be made. When camps are full, we can put you on a waiting list. We occasionally have drops, so sometimes a space opens up in a "full" camp. Please be sure we have your current email address, so you will receive updates from us.