STEM Education Leadership Professional Learning Community
The STEM Education Leadership PLC supports PK-12 education leaders in providing effective STEM teaching and learning. School and district STEM education leaders from the Southwest area in North Carolina are invited to join the PLC. The learning community is facilitated through the Center for STEM Education at UNC Charlotte and the Southwest Education Alliance.
The PLC provides members the following benefits:
- Six days of STEM Professional Development including the annual UNC Charlotte Regional STEM Education Conference. September 19, 2019; October 31, 2019; November 21, 2019; February 13, 2020; March 26, 2020; April 30, 2020 (from 9 am to 2:45 pm) .
- Keynotes from leaders in STEM Education
- Target Professional Development Sessions covering the latest STEM education research, issues and practices
- A forum for members to share ideas and develop professional networks
- Opportunities to collaborate and build capacity across the region for STEM education professionals
- STEM Problem Based Learning, Phenomena Based Learning, Computational Thinking, STEAM/Arts & STEM, Assessment and Critical Thinking, sessions
- Forums on becoming a NCDPI recognized STEM School of Excellence using the newly revised rubric
- STEM Content sessions to support STEM curriculum integration
- STEM education web-based resource, Math, Science and more.....
- Certificates for continuing education units (CEUs)
Cost: $775 per person, renewable annually. Register by September 13, 2019 to reserve your place:
Contact Jennifer Camden at 704.292.4872 for more information.